homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Seriously???

I am at a loss for the sheer stupidity of some people. I live near the highway, and continuously struggle to understand why people have to merge onto the highway at a speed below that of the speed limit. You see, the problem with merging at a speed less than that of the highway limit, is that the cars already on the highway, doing the speed limit (which is usually 100 kms) have to suddenly slam on their brakes, and try to avoid hitting the idiot, who has decided to merge onto the highway in front at them, 10 or 20, or even 30 kms below the speed limit. And lord forbid if it's a truck that has to suddenly slam on it's brakes. Seriously? Are people really this stupid? And if they are, why in hell's name are they allowed to have a licence? Do I sound a little peeved? That might be because of the bloody moron (on Saturday morning) who decided to stop his car in the middle of the road, on the "on ramp" that merges onto the highway. With no warning, this idiot has slammed on his brakes, gotten out of his car, looked towards the back of his car, gotten back in his car, and taken off again, all with 10 or so cars behind him that were probably doing 70 or 80kms an hour, as we were gathering speed to merge onto the highway. Seriously??? What is wrong with people? If you can give me an explanation as to why idiots do this sort of thing, I am listening, because I am completely dumbfounded as to what is (or maybe it isn't?) going through their heads!!! They keep telling us speed is the major factor in accidents and road deaths. I don't think so - I think the major factor is pure and utter stupidity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.