homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Let's Get Blue...

This was a layout I created for a challenge over at the Scrap With V cyber crop that was held over the weekend. Titled: H2O Baby. If you want to join in, it's not to late - uploading of challenges doesn't close until this Saturday night. The challenge was to create a mainly "blue" layout, using the word water in the title, using a recycled item, and using some ink or paint. I've used nothing but scraps from my scrap box to creat this layout (except of course for the cardstock base and alphas). I used a really old piece of Urban Lilly for the flowers, some Making Memories, some Prima transparency, and some My Little Shoebox.

The next three layouts are layouts that I started back in June 2009 at the Scrapbook Convention Expo, when I did a couple of classes with Jodi Holbrook, from Making Memories. Yes, shame on me - they have been sitting in my box of stuff to get completed for that long!!! Here's the first one, titled: Things I Love About U. This one is about Keana and all the crazy things I love about her.

My second layout is simply titled: Me. It's about my wedding day, and how I felt about getting to be a "princess" for the day. This si probably my favourite layout of the three. I probably should point out that my layouts do look like Jodi's to a degree, but her style is much simpler, and features lots of photos of her sons. My style is much more girly and "blingy" (is that a word???). And pretty and decorated. I couldn't help it, I just had to add all the little bits and extras that I love on my layouts.

The final layout is titled: Missy Moo. It's about Malayla and her nickname (which she has had ever since she was a baby). I learnt a lot from Jodi - like how to get the most out of my papers, embellishments and products, how to scrap in a cleaner and more basic style, and how to have fun with my layout and not stress over the colours (Ngaire Bartlam has been trying to teach me this too!!!). (-: All in all, it was a great learning experience, and a lot of fun. And yes, I still have two more layouts to finish, and two mini books as well.

1 comment:

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.