homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 19 June 2010

Misconceptions...

It seems some people think that we have money lying around to burn. So I am writing this post to set the record straight. Certain people have gotten a bee-in-their-bonnet because we purchased a brand new computer. If anybody else has anything to say on this matter, by all means, go ahead. But if not, then I thank-you for understanding. Let me clarify. My husband and I have been saving for this computer about 12-18 months, ever since mine started to play up. Little by little, I have been saving for this day. Occasionally, I teach classes or get a layout published - some of that money has gone towards this computer. On average, my computer crashes 3-4 times a day - not fun when you use a computer so much. So we knew we had to start planning and budgeting to replace my old computer before it died completely. And I didn't waste our money buying a new screen, keypad and mouse. I already have those - so I just settled for a new hard drive and CPU. The extra cash I needed because the computer cost us more than we had budgeted for - that came out of the food and fuel money. The girls and I will be doing without for a week or two. And just to clarify one more thing - if I want to go somewhere with my girls, or purchase something special for them - like most families, I BUDGET and SAVE. I think the word I am after is SCRIMP!!!!! So, if the world has finished judging me on my spending habits, please return, as you were..... this session is over!

4 comments:

  1. Who in the world would think that what you are doing with your money regardless of whether its saved up or on credit is any of their business in the first place..... honestly, i am amaised at the boring lives some people must live if making judgement about the purchase of a computer consumes their time......

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I agree with Jodi.Jules-go buy another computer...maybe an IPAD. My computer is so on it's last legs but I was just hired for the final semester so I get a school one...YEA! YOU SO NEED A COMPUTER AND I UNDERSTAND THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ain't nobody's business,if you and your are in agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you had to justify your spending to anyone Jules, that's just crazy! They obviously have nothing else better to do with their time then judge others. ENJOY YOUR NEW COMPUTER JULES! Love Ness xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.