homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 24 July 2010

My Little Mermaids...

My two girls had their first ever mini swimming carnival today. It was nothing serious - just a chance for them to actually learn how carnivals operate and what is expected if they continue with their swimming path. The carnival didn't start until 1:00pm but my two wanted to go to the pool early (11:30am) so they could swim for a while in the outside heated pool (the races were held in the indoor heated pool). Which we did - and I will point out my two are the only crazy two children who did this (it was overcast and quite chilly today). They had three races each, plus a novelty race. Keana came first in each of her three races (freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke). She was racing against girls her age. But for Malayla, it was a different story. She swam amazingly and would have placed if she had been put in with girls her own age (she only turned 8 about 3 weeks ago). But they put her in with 9 and 10 year olds, and she didn't stand a chance. They were bigger and stronger then her. She came in 4th for two races, and 5th for the other. She took this surprisingly well - so I am very proud of her for that. No sooner than the carnival was over, all the other children and parents went home, but my two jumped back in the outdoor pool for some more swimming. Sigh! My little mermaids...they are sleeping so well tonight. Hee! Hee! Hee! (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.