homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Friday 17 December 2010

Color Combos Galore Challenge #171

Challenge #171 is now live at Color Combos Galore. this week's colours include aqua, white, taupe and teal. The designer's challenge is to use ribbon on your layout. And remember, if you come and play with us, you could win yourself a W.I.P. Kit.

This is my take on the challenge. I was inspired by a layout Watanabe created over on the Crate Paper blog, a few months ago. Titled: Little Miss Moo (it's about the nickname I gave my daughter). I can't believe I actually used vellum - it has been forever since I've used that stuff on a layout. But I'm really happy with the end result. The ribbons were too bright on their own, but with the vellum over them, they no longer over-power the photos. Products used: Making Memories charm and die cut; Hambly rub-ons; Bella! chipbaord alphas; Carolees Creations mini alpha stickers; American Crafts (?) chipboard shapes; Chatterbox brads; Tattered Angels Glimmermist; Heidi Swapp ghost shape; and Zva Creative pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.