homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 1 January 2011

My Top 10 for 2010...

Choosing my favourite Top 10 layouts for 2010 is not easy when so many of them have not been revealed yet, or are out for publication. So, from those that remain, and which I can share with you, I have chosen the following: What Would Freud Say. What more can I say? I love it so much I made it my header. (-:

Easter. This layout was based on a Pencil Lines sketch. When I first saw the sketch, I thought I was doomed. It scared me silly. But I absolutely love the end result.

Beloved. This was created for one of the early colour challenges over at The Color Room. Simple, but effective.

2010: Decorating The Tree. Based on a sketch challenge from Crate Paper. I fell in love with the sketch design the moment I saw it.

Breathless. This was the first layout I ever created with a Noel Mignon kit (Sonoma County). And I have been hooked ever since.

Over The Rainbow. I had so much fun with this layout. The concept for this came to me one night, as I was dozing off to sleep. It was a DT creation for Zva Creative.

No Fears. This layout was created using a Pencil Lines sketch. I love this layout because the colours and design are so not me, but it all came together so easily. I think that's what I love most about it - I had to step out of my comfort zone to create it.


Hello Crazy. This is another layout created with a Pencil Lines sketch. Again, I love the fact that I pushed myself out of my comfort zone. I wanted to create something a little more on the grungy side of the fence. And to use stamping and inked edges. But it still had to be pretty. I'm 100% happy with my end result.
So Beautiful. This was a DT creation for Color Combos Galore. I fell in love with the prettiness of these papers, and the layout kind of just came together. I love hwne that happens, because it's not as often as you might think. (-:

1.2.3...Pose. I fell in love with the Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology papers the moment I saw them. I realised just how versatile they could be, when decorated with Glimmermists. Let's just say, aqua, red, and white, is my new all-time favourite colour combination. Thank-you for letting me share these with you, and I hope that I can keep inspiring you throughout 2011. I think there might even be some changes this year..in both my techniques and style.
Only time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. They are all so beautiful Jules! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.