homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Just Roll With It...

Today took a turn for the worse. In fact, the past 10 days have been a turn for the worse. Both my girls have been sick on and off over the past 10 days. For the most part, it was a sniffly nose and cough. Nothing serious that I couldn't deal with. The only disruption was to me - at home - when they were home sick and kept fighting. Blah!!!! Then on Saturday night my youngest got sharp pains in her stomach, about 10 o'clock at night. So I gave her Nurofen, and sat with her until it kicked in and she fell asleep. On Sunday she wasn't really bad, but she wasn't really good either. But it still wasn't enough to have me too concerned. Monday morning I decided to take her to the doctor just in case. After a test, he decided it was probably a urinary tract infection and gave her antibiotics. But to keep an eye on her in case the pain got worse (in which case it might be appendicitis). This morning it got worse. The Nurofen wasn't working. So I took her up to the hospital at 10:00am. It was such a long day.... they did an ultrasound, they did a urine test, they did blood tests, they did physicals...and they wouldn't let Keana eat in case they had to do surgery (yes, at one point they were talking like it was a big possibility). She was in so much pain, and it took all my effort not to cry in front of her because there was nothing I could do for her. But after 10 hours, she finally took a turn for the better. And they let her come home (as long as I keep a close eye on her). In the end, they don't think appendicitis was the culprit. They think it is most likely inflamed lymph nodes around her liver (or was it kidney? too tired to remember) because of the nasty cold she had last week. Or it could still be a urinary tract infection. Appendicitis rates much lower on the possibility scale (thank-goodness). But at least she is home. The cats have been fed. I am finally getting the cup of tea I have been craving all day. And I am too tired to give a damn about trying to scrap. Now that's a first for me, lol! So here's to rolling with the punches, and hoping that tomorrow is a better day. (-:

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness Jules! I'm so glad she didn't need surgery! Hang in there mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So scary when our little ones are so sick and we don't know what to do. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and for life to get back to normal.

    Debbie Eustace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules.. hope the girls are well on there way to recovery ... thinking of you all... cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.