homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Friday 19 August 2011

My Scrapbook Nook Goodness...

I've managed to finish two more layouts with the August My Scrapbook Nook kit. I've had to create a few minutes here, and a few minutes there, thanks to my injuries. I found this process extremely frustrating, since I am used to just sitting and playing for as long as I like. But I can't do that at the moment, so I must adapt. This first layout is titled: H2O Baby. Rhinestones, chipboard shape, mini alphas, and Liquid Pearls from my own stash.

Here's a close-up of the title, chipboard and flowers. I coloured the white Thicker alphas with glitter and Dimensional Magic. I painted the chipboard shape with Twinkling H2o's and Stickles. And I made the flowers with my trusty Marvy flower punches.
Here's my second layout. Titled: Done (Cross It Off The Bucket List). I love how this layout turned out - very unexpected. I had a completely different image in my brain when I started.

I've added some extra photos in an envelope. They include images of me patting a tiger, and placing meat in the lion's den. I tend to be camera shy, but I still wanted to include those photos in the layout. The solution was to hide them in the envelope. The Prima branch, Prima flowers, Pink Paislee tissue paper, mini alpha stickers, and Hambly transparency are all from my own stash. And just in case you were looking for some fun this weekend, My Scrapbook Nook is having a Cyber Crop. Why not pop on over, say hello, and join in the fun? Details can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Love your LOs! I have been crazy over polka dots lately..or maybe I am just seeing spots in front of my eyes!... What ever, they make awesome backgrounds for pics! Great altering on the alphas and embellies. You always have so many great things going on in your LOs!
    Hope you recover soon and are at least able to sit for awhile to play! Gentle {hugs}!!!
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.