homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 24 September 2011

Treasure Chest of Prettiness...

As you well know, I don't often do off-the-page stuff. Not because I don't like it, but because we just don't have the room for it in our current house (that should change once we move to Adelaide - YAY!!!). But I made an exception for this treasure chest (from Twiddleybitz) as it was a special request from my youngest daughter (strangely enough, the eldest has now asked for one too, lol!). The box was first painted with gesso, then given a couple of coats of Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmermist in Decadence. I've coated the outside with Helmar Crackle Medium (steps 1 and 2). You can find further details of my creation on the Helmar Blog.
I've added lots and lots of Prima goodness - flowers, vines, butterflies and rhinestone embellishments. I've added colour to the flowers with Tattered Angels Glimmermist (Patina and Turquoise Blue).
I've had this clasp for ages (but no idea who I got it from). And I finally got to use it on something. I simply added Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to the brads before pushing them into the chipboard. This added extra strength.
The inside of the box has been finished of with Prima paper (from the Indeed range). And now I have one very happy, little girl, who has already put her chest to good use (I think she is hiding her pocket money in it, lol!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.