homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Monday 10 October 2011

Just A Splash Of Colour...

After nearly 2 weeks of not being able to scrap (thanks to surgery, stitches, and a metal splint on my finger), I finally have something to share.

I've always wanted to decorate a photo display tray, but wasn't sure where to start. So I gathered my supplies, chose some beautiful bright Kaisercraft papers (Miss Nelly), and let my imagination run wild. The end result was a beautiful, colourful photo display, that truly reflects my personality. I can't wait to hang this on the wall in our new house!!!!

Heres' a close up of all the little details. I've used SO MANY different brands of products on this tray - Glimmermist, Helmar, Kaisercraft, Prima, Zva Creative, Hambly, Jillibean Soup, My Mind's Eye, Teresa Collins, Maya Road, Martha Stewart, and Crate Paper. If you want to know a bit more about the adhesive products I used to create this, you can find my blog post on the Helmar blog.


I added my rub-ons onto transparency, then cut it out. I then adhered it to the tray with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to add heaps of dimension.

I aslo used the Liquid Scrap Dots to adhere the banner flags to the tray. You can see here how they are raised nice and high from the back of the flat tray.

For my key, I simply tied a ribbon around it, added Liquid Scrap Dots to the back of it, and adhered it to the tray. I wiped away any excess with a wooden skewer. Now, I won't say creating this was easy - because for me, it wasn't (I tend to be a perfectionist who takes forever to decide, lol!!!). But it was a lot of fun and I am thrilled with the end result.

2 comments:

  1. This made my eyes pop out! I truly enjoyed looking at all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job on your first photo tray!!!! Glad your hand is healing well and allowing you to get back in the scrappy swing of things!!! Always enjoy visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.