homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Combining Challenges...

I promised myself that I would find time to do the Sketch and Colour Inspiration Challenges this month over at Scrapbook Kits. But again, I find the end of the month fast approaching, and me running out of time. So rather than choosing to do just one (or worse still neither!!!), I decided to combine both challenges. And oh man, I am so glad I did. Now some people have problems with combining challenges, and get their knickers in a knot about it (it's cheating, it's wrong, blah! blah! blah!). I don't have that problem, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :-)

To be honest, I made a HUGE mistake on this layout, so it does not look anything like it should. How so, you ask? Well, you see where those flowers and hanging leaves are? Originally, I used dark green Liquid Pearls to make the stems - but something happened (a cat who shall remain nameless tried to jump on my table and caused me to smudge it - big time!!!). Which left me with a dilemma. How to you cover up a great, big, dark green smudge? Why, gesso, inks, and mists, of course!!! I'm not entirely happy with the end result, but it's definitely better than what is was with the green smudge all over it. Sigh...I guess some things are just meant to be, lol!

A close-up of the flowers and leaves, and some of my details.

Just a close-up of my journalling (thanks to the misting, I had to use the journalling to help tie the page together).
Products Used: MY Mind's Eye papers; MME chipboard pieces; MME brads; Manor House flowers and leaves; Prima pearls and rhinestones; Tattered Angels mists; and Liquid Pearls.

3 comments:

  1. I think it awesome and never would have guessed this wasn't exactly how you planned it! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should thank the cat for the final result because it looks awesome!!! I love the colors of the mists!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.