homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Monday 19 March 2012

Sugar And Spice...

Those words, "sugar and spice", definitely describe my two girls perfectly. They are so different, but both lovable and adorable. Today I am sharing my first March project for Imaginarium Designs (I've done 3, so there are two more coming). You can find more details about my March project over on the Imaginarium Designs blog - and there are some from the other ladies on the team, too. So pop on over and check them out - lots of gorgeous layouts for those special girls in our lives.


ID Products: 8 Butterflies on board - Code IDS0003; and 12 Buttons on board - Code IDS0031.

Techniques Used: The butterflies were inked with two different shades of blue from the Ingvilde Bolme/Prima inks. Once dry, I coated them with Tattered Angels Glam (in Chandelier). I adhered them to my page with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to raise them off the page. The buttons were inked with a hot pink from the Ingvilde Bolme/Prima inks, Once dry, I coated them (very thickly) with Dimensional Magic. This gave a beautiful, shiny finish once it was dry. I finished them off by tying bakers twine through the centre, before I adhered them to my page. The phrase "You Are My Everything", was first inked with a cream/beige from the Ingvilde Bolme/Prima inks. For a pearlescent finish, I then coated the phrase with a cream/pearl colour from the Twinkling H2O range. Finally, after deciding it still did not stand out enough from the page, I added a light coat of Crystalline Kindy Glitz.

Other products used: Glitz Designs papers; Glitz designs rub-ons; Sassafras flowers; Zva Creative rhinestone flourish; Hambly Washi tape; Zva Creative rhinestones; The Twinery bakers twine; and Liquid Pearls.


Here's a close-up of my butterflies, buttons and title. I love how the Glitz rub-ons worked perfectly with the title to help create a little cluster of elements in this corner. And those sparkly butterflies - love!!!!! They are just so cute and go with everything. Somehow, I think those butterflies and buttons are going to have a permanent spot in my stash, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.