homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Friday 27 July 2012

What Do You Consider Vintage?

How old do scrapbook papers have to be, before they are considered vintage? I have soooo many beautiful paper ranges that I haven't played with yet - they are just sitting on my shelf gathering dust. It's not that I don't want to - I do - it's more a matter of not having enough hours in the day to get everything done. Take the following Echo Park "Victoria Gardens" papers. I purchased the kit when the range was first released, and I am only now getting to play with them - so does that make them vintage? How long ago was this  paper range released? 

I created this layout for no particular reason. :-) I simply felt like it. I decided it was time just to play and have fun. Without expectations or DT commitments. 
Titled: This Is Their Story

You all know I love bling, glitter, and sparkly things. I can't help myself - I just have to add it to every layout. And this layout is no exception, lol! My Imaginarium Designs chipboard butterflies are coated with Doodlebug Glitter. I created the butterfly centres with liquid Pearls. 

And since the layout is about my daughters, I couldn't go past the Imaginarium Designs hanging dress form. How sweet and girly is this? Yes, more Doodlebug Glitter, and Zva Creative rhinestones. 

To create my end flourishes, I simply cut an Imaginarium Designs border flourish in half, painted it with Twinkling H2O's, and layered another frame flourish on top (also painted with Twinkling H2O's). 

I love how all the detail and texture have come together in this layout. It turned out even better than what I had envisioned in my head, and for that I am grateful. 
I have added this to my list of "Favourite Ever Layouts"!!!

3 comments:

  1. HI. This layout is really lovely.. I love the fussy cutting.. and as for vintage?? I do not know, but these papers certainly do not look old to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the details on your layout, Jules: the chipboard, the bling, the fuzzy cutting!

    Vintage paper... hmmm... I think they turn vintage the moment you forget you have them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.