homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Sunday 16 September 2012

Lily Bee September Sketch Challenge

It's strange how some sketches "speak" to me more than others. I've been playing with sketches ever since I started scrapbooking, but it's always been the same - some sketches just grab my attention and make me want to scrap, while others don't get a second glance from me. Is anyone else like this? Or do you happily scrap using any sketch?

This is one of those sketches that completely grabbed my attention (Lily Bee's September 10th Sketch Challenge). I'm not sure if it's because of the white space, or maybe the banners. Probably both, more like it, lol! But I had to drop everything to play. You can find this sketch over on the Lily Bee Design blog

And here's my take on the sketch. I've used the Lily Bee "Happily Lost" paper range, and some chipboard goodies from Imaginarium Designs. I actually had an ID chipboard frame that had broken in several places (thanks to my cat...sigh...but that's a whole other story!). So I pulled the frame apart, inked it with brown ink, then coated it with Cowboy Glimmer Glaze from Tattered Angels. 

A little close-up of all the layers and details. Do you like how I tucked a piece of the broken ID frame under the banners and layers? That's the beauty of layers - you can tuck so many little things in. 

Colour. Lots and lots of colour!!! Just how I like it. :-)
Imaginarium Designs products used: Chipboard Frame and Mini Alphabet (Upper Case). 
Other Products Used: Lily Bee Designs papers and alphabet stickers; Prima flowers and resin images; Hambly transparency; Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze; Crafter's Workshop stencil template; Washi tapes; Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots; Zva Creative rhinestones; and kraft tags.
Hope you are having a fantastic weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.