homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Washi Tape Background...

I love washi tape because it is so versatile. 
But recently, I've had several people ask me "what do you use washi tape for?". 
So today, I am sharing a simple washi tape tutorial with you over on the PaperHaus Blog.

Creating a washi tape background is one of the easiest things to do. All it involves is placing strips of washi tape wherever your heart desires. In my case, I layered some strips vertically (damask pattern), followed by more strips horizontally (clouds). 

Some people may think why bother? But this is why - instead of a plain, boring background, you are adding texture, depth and colour with these strips of tape (you can also create backgrounds with masks, spray mists, paint, tissue paper, texture paste, embossing, etc.). 

For full details please pop on over to the PaperHaus blog.

Here's the final creation - and to think, all this started with some simple strips of washi tape. :-)
Titled: Love You To The Moon And Back.


Can you see that pink swirly thing in the background? \That was originally a brown felt fence from Prima. I painted it with gesso, inked it with a coral-pink, then added tatered Angels Glimmer Glam on top. Yep, it's definitely not brown anymore, lol! 

And I've even coloured the Ingvilde Bolme (Prima) resin embellishment. I added some Glimmermist, a little Glimmer Glam, and some Kindy Glitz. 

For the full materials list and all the details on this layout, please head on over to the Paperhaus Blog. You'll find lots of other inspiration over there too! :-)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. HI..This looks amazing, really love the pinks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so pretty all put together how you out it together. Love the pink too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.