homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Monday 8 April 2013

Imaginarium Designs April Projects...

Today is my share day over on the Imaginarium Designs blog. In my usual style, for my April projects, I went all out with the colour. Lots and lots of colour!!!


"BORN 2 FLY"
I used a lot of the techniques and tricks that I learnt at the Finnibair workshops to create this layout. But there are some major differences - I didn't use any black spray to create a grungy look, I coated all my chipboard with white Gesso before adhering it to my layout, I used Glimmer Glam and Glimmer Glaze for added colour, and I finished off with Pan pastels. 


Here are some close-ups. Lots of layers, details and colours.


I love the dash of lime green. :-) It's one of my favourite colours.


Here you can see how the Glimmer Glam (blue) has coated the metal trinkets. 
It has given a lovely finish and colour to the layout.


Can you see the owl embellishment in the corner? I made that myself. I found a plain metal heart that was dangling on a clip chain, and simply adhered the metal owl to it. Isn't it cute!


I used the Prima Fairy Flora paper range to create this layout. I fussy cut some of the flowers and leaves, and added them after the layout was dry. I think it helps tie the whole layout together.  


The big blue flourishes you can see on the base of the layout was originally a Imaginarium Designs chipboard frame which I cut into several pieces. Yes, the blue corners on the layout are also a part of that frame. 


My second project for April is a tag. I haven't done one of these in quite a while, and I loved every minute of creating this one. I have used Glimmermists for the background colours, and embossing powders for the butterfly and stamped title. 


I used a glitter embossing powder for the butterfly. It gives a beautiful sparkle and glimmer, and it's such a rich, vibrant shade of red. I've decided to make another similar tag in shades of pink - I'll share it on my blog once it is complete. 

Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

Cheers and hugs, xxx
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. so beautiful and colorful! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome layout! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love all this color and that red butterfly girllllllllllllllll is awesome! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome colours, so wonderfully you, fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.