homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Sunday 7 April 2013

Pinterest + Mojo = FUN!!!

Has your mojo gone on holidays? Then you are in luck - over the next short while, PaperHaus will be bringing you several articles on how to find and inspire your mojo. Lucky me, I'm up first!!!


Now anyone who knows me well, knows I am a HUGE Pinterest addict. Seriously. If you don't know what Pinterest is, or you would like to check out my Pinterest page, just click on the "PINTEREST" link on the side tab. Pinterest is where I head whenever I feel my mojo needs a little help. 
Or sometimes a lot of help, lol!!! :-D 

I found this Pinterest  image above, from J.Crew, and used it as my inspiration to create my layout. I know the image doesn't look that exciting, but if you look at it as a template for a layout (a bit like a sketch template), then you can see the endless possibilities. Please click on the link here for more details on how I did this. 


 "FAMILY PLAYTIME"
If you look closely you can see how each item of clothing in the image, represents a piece of paper on my layout. I seriously had a great time creating this layout. It's amazing how much freeing it is to have your design already established for you, and then just have to add embellishments and details. You don't have to "think" or plan as much. Which makes a nice change occasionally. 


 I machine stitched each piece of paper to add texture and details. And I kept the embellishments and details to a minimum because of all the bright colours. I didn't want to have too many things competing at once. 

And I matted my photos with a black frame - something I haven't done for quite a long time, but I am really happy with the end result. The black helps the photos stand out from all the other background colours. 
Thank-you for dropping by, and don't forget to keep an eye out on the PaperHaus blog - there will be lots more Mojo Motivation articles coming up soon!!!
Happy scrapping everyone. xxx
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awesome LO! and I love how you picked up your inspiration for it!!
    You have an amazing Pinterest board...I will have to come back and visit when I have more time to get lost in there! TFS Jules! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love all the photos and great colors and papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.