homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Christmas In July...

My July project for Imaginarium Designs is a little different this month - I created a Christmas Tree. Why? Because I felt like it, and because I can, lol! An idea will often get stuck in my head, and I have learnt to just go with the flow. This time around it was a Christmas Tree in July. :-)


If you pop on over to the Imaginarium Designs blog, you will find a tutorial with step-by-step instructions for creating this tree (original design created by Vanessa Waller). And if you leave a comment on the post, you will automatically be entered into the draw to win a pack of Imaginarium Designs goodies. (Why are you still here? Quick, go and leave a comment!).


I won't lie - this took a while to create. It's not that it's hard to create, because it isn't. It's just that cutting the paper and making the loops takes forever (unless you have a couple of young scrappers on hand that you can bribe to help you). :-) In which case things move a little quicker!


It was good to finally use up all these papers (Eskimo Kisses) from Basic Grey. I have been hanging on to them for a special project - and this was it. Fortunately, I had a few spare papers, because this tree took more papers than I first estimated. I started with 5 sheets, and I think I ended up using 7 sheets. 


I tried to keep my embellishments simple as the paper patterns were already busy enough. 


Right - one Christmas decoration done! Now, how many more do I have to do???

Happy scrapping everyone.
Make sure you come back on the 1st of August for lots more inspiration (PaperHaus and 7 Dots has a special event happening - not to be missed!!!)

Cheers and big hugs, x
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.