homeAbout MeJules & BlingScrap Resumehome

Saturday 17 May 2014

Owl Canvas...

I hope you have your sunglasses today, lol! My love of colour has been allowed a whole lot of freedom with this canvas. Yes, I know not everyone likes eye-popping colour, but I'm NOT one of those people. The more colour - the happier I am. :)

This canvas was an experiment. Everything on it was an experiment. Why? Because I have been watching several mixed-media classes, and I wanted to experiment with different techniques. The whole idea for the owl came about by wanting to use Pan Pastels as paints. Yes, you heard me correct. Pan Pastels mixed with water gives a beautiful paint-like quality. My owl and moon were outlined with Pan Pastels, and a lot of the shading on the moon edges and tree limbs were created with Pan pastels. 


I also experimented with embossing, embossing enamels, metals, liquid pearls, and stamping with gold Staz- On ink. Oh, and I had new Claudine Helmuth paints too! I love the freedom of just experimenting, and not having to work to a plan. :)

Materials Used: Imaginarium Designs chipboard; Prima flowers and vines: Basic Grey rub-ons; Prima bling; Claudine Helmuth paints; Staz-On inks; Tim Holtz rock candy; and Stickles glitter.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a fantastic weekend. 

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Cheers, xxx
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. I appreciate it, and I love reading your comments, each and every one.